This summer I got involved in the very first Dayton Mini Maker’s Faire. I was really happy to be a part of this event. I met so many wonderful people.
When I did maker’s table with children sewing toys, projects and things for adults, I also got asked to make five capes for Real Art’s competition called The Bone Yard Build Off.
Their specifications were all very precise.
Here was what they brought me to get started the week before the event. It was all volunteer work and in our spare time. I’m pretty good about working quickly so I was glad to have the project in hand. At Sew Dayton we also had our kids camp that week plus my sister was going to visiting from Nebraska. When it rains it pours!
Since I had little time I wanted to do everything with the most ease. I have grown to love this adhesive spray. It made appliqué so much easier.
Once I had all of my pieces prepared I measured the first one and got it on there perfectly then I placed the second cape main piece on top of the one I had just finished and traced around all of the key points of the skull design, so no more measuring after the first one.
Here are the capes before I have cut the bone center sections out and stitched it all on.
During the maker faire the community had a chance to stitch the designs on the capes. This was awesome.
The event was great and I was really happy to get to see the race I made the capes for.
Thank you for reading.
Latest posts by Tracy McElfresh (see all)
- Making Doll Hair for a WWII Era Cuddly Big Doll Pattern - February 20, 2019
- Ready, Set, Serve – Mesh Tops - February 18, 2019
- Identifying Rips Worth Mending in Sewing Tips Under a Minute w/ Tracy McElfresh - February 13, 2019